We take our role as your eyecare professionals seriously and are fully committed to providing you a safe visit with us. With things getting back to the new normal, we still need your help and cooperation to be able to provide the best service and care during your visit to our office.
At this time, we continue to work by appointment, so please call our office to schedule a time to visit, we are sure we can accommodate most any schedule, or come close to it. Please call: (847) 498-3737
Exams – Glasses and Contacts:
Based on CDC and the American Optometric Association guidelines, we enhanced our safety procedures for eye exams as follows:
-We are seeing patients on a regular schedule. We are putting a buffer in between patient appointments for exams to maintain appropriate social distancing practices – so your arrival time is one of the keys to success for making your visit in our office a comfortable and smooth visit. We ask that you please be punctual and arrive a few minutes ahead of your appointment time should we need additional information.
- Ahead of your appointment, we will email you a patient history form and Covid-19 questionnaire, which we will need you to fill out (you will be able to do this at home, as they are both fillable PDF forms) Please print and bring in at your appointment time, or return via email ahead of your appointment date and time.
- Appointments will be spaced apart so that we will not have a crowd of any sort in our waiting area.
- We kindly ask to you to use our hand sanitizer when entering, just as another safety measure for everyone’s benefit (or, if you prefer you can wash your hands upon arrival).
- All patient contact surfaces will be disinfected using hospital grade wipes/sprays before and after each patient.
- Dr. Sharon Maitino and our staff will be wearing a mask/face covering for your safety.
- We ask that all patients wear masks as well, this is required as we are a healthcare facility and is required for service.
Our office is fortunate to have technology that allows us to increase social distance for many parts of the exam. Our Daytona Optomap is a digital image retinal scanner that provides the ability in most cases to view the retina without dilating drops and without the doctor needing to be within inches of the patient’s face. We have also installed extra barriers and safety measures our exam room.
Eyeglasses – Selection, Pickup or Repair:
We will see you for any eyewear service (selection, adjustments or repairs) by appointment.
- Each frame is cleaned appropriately after anyone, customer or staff, has handled them. We ask when you arrive to be seated in the front of the office, unless otherwise instructed. We will be happy to show you any frame on our displays. When handling frames/sunglasses/merchandise from our displays/cases, please leave them on our tables to be cleaned.
- We ask that only the patient/customer (if you like, one additional person) come in to select frames. Exceptions will be made for parent/guardian coming in with a child.
- Picture taking/facetime or other digital tools you have to share the experience is welcomed and is encouraged, and a great way to get feedback from those you care to share with when making your selection.
- Cleaning and sanitation has always been the highest priority at our office, even with the trend down for the virus, we continue in our efforts.
- All hard surfaces from the front door and throughout our office have been sanitized and will throughout the day and after every person leave our office.
Your comfort and safety is of utmost importance to us. We sincerely appreciate your support and understanding in this unprecedented period of our lives and wish for you, your family and everyone you care for to be safe and healthy. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Brian Scott, Owner
Be well, stay safe and healthy!