We have been preparing our office and ourselves for the return of our customers and patients. We are geared up with protective barriers where appropriate and taken all necessary precautions for your safety and comfort. We take our role as your eyecare professionals seriously and are fully committed to providing you a safe visit with us.
Exams – Glasses and Contacts:
Based on CDC and the American Optometric Association guidelines, we are enhancing our safety procedures for eye exams as follows:
-We are now resuming seeing patients on a limited schedule. We are putting a 15 minute buffer in between patient appointments for exams to maintain appropriate social distancing practices – so your arrival time is one of the keys to success for making your visit in our office a comfortable and smooth visit. We ask that you please be punctual and arrive a few minutes ahead of your appointment time should we need additional information.
- Ahead of your appointment, we will email you a patient history form, which we will need filled in (which you will be able to do this at home, and print out to bring in, please sign the bottom of the form after printing.
- All appointments will be spaced apart so that no one will be sitting in our waiting area with others.
- Temperatures will be taken using a no touch infrared thermometer, and everyone will be asked to use hand sanitizer or wash their hands upon arrival.
- All patient contact surfaces will be disinfected using hospital grade wipes before and after each patient.
- Dr. Sharon Maitino and our staff will be wearing mask/face coverings for your safety.
- We ask that all patients wear masks as well, if you are also more comfortable with gloves, please wear those as well, whatever will provide you greater comfort and confidence.
Our office is fortunate to have technology that allows us to increase social distance for many parts of the exam. The Optomap is a digital image retinal scan provides the ability in most cases to view the retina without dilating drops and without the doctor needing to be within inches of the patient’s face. We have also installed extra barriers and safety measures our exam room.
Eyeglasses – Selection, Pickup or Repair:
We will see you for any eyewear service (selection, adjustments or repairs) by appointment only.
- Each and every frame is cleaned appropriately after anyone, customer or staff, has handled them. We ask when you arrive to make yourself comfortable in the front of the office, unless otherwise instructed. If we are with someone, please wait outside until the last person has left and we have sanitized the areas we were working. We will be happy to show you any frame on our displays, but handling frames/sunglasses/merchandise from our displays/cases.
- We ask that only the patient/customer come in to select frames. Exceptions will be made for parent/guardian coming in
with a child.
- Picture taking/facetime or other digital tools you have to share the experience is welcomed and is encouraged, and a great
way to get feedback from those you care to share with when making your selection.
- Cleaning and sanitation has always been the highest priority at our office, but we are now doubling down in our efforts.
- All hard surfaces from the front door and throughout our office have been sanitized and will be after each and every
person comes into our location all through the day.
Your comfort and safety is of utmost importance to us. We sincerely appreciate your support and understanding in this
unprecedented period of our lives and wish for you, your family and everyone you care for to be safe and healthy. We
look forward to seeing you again soon.
Brian Scott, Owner